Baroda Nair Welfare Association (BNWA), a non-profitable and charitable organization established in the year 1994 having its own registered office under the Trust Act Registration Number F/856/Vadodara. Activities of BNWA cover the socio economic, cultural and educational field aimed at the welfare of our community people. Our current membership strength of 1500 members.
BNWA is not only responsible for bringing Nair unity but also instrumental in heralding a new era within Nair community members residing in Baroda and its adjacent areas.
In line with objectives of the Association, educational assistance to economically weaker and needy students and merit awards to meritorious students are provided every year. Our Association is always provide necessary help to families of the members at the time of bereavement and conducts the last rituals of departed souls of the community and also initiates various other welfare activities. We create sense of oneness among our members (and their family members) by celebrating “Foundation Day” in every year.
Our main activities are:
- Cultural and Traditional Programs to integrate with local population.
- Arts and Sports Competition
- Onam Celebration
- Foundation Day Celebration
- Charitable Activities
- Educational and Professional assistance
- Marriage Alliance Meet and help to conducts Marriages in our Traditional Style etc…
NWA Society, working on the interest of the members and supply of cultural and traditional items of Kerala like Mundu , Thorthu, Set Mundu , Set Sarees, Dress Material, Lungi, Various Sizes of Vilakku, Uruli , Kindi, Para ,and other decorative items etc. This Society acts under the leadership of BNWA.
BNWA is having a Ladies Wing and Youth Wing and they organize various skill development programs and other charitable activities under their leadership. This wings works along with BNWA for conducting all activities.
- To establish community halls and health centers in the name of BNWA for the benefit of the society.
- To conduct meeting and seminars for the benefit of our society for information and awareness.
- To provide help for communal harmony for the cause of national integration.
Over the years, BNWA became a landmark of Nair unity in Baroda and also set a benchmark in serving the members of our community and society at large.